ABOUT ME

My name is Angelique Midthunder and I am a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. I am also a CrossFit certified Mobility Instructor & Olympic Weightlifting Instructor. I am a personal trainer exclusively for people working in the film industry. I do personal training for small groups and individuals in the (505) area code (pretty much Santa Fe & Albuquerque areas). I can train you at the gym, home, hotel, production office.. I'll even come to set. For more info and rates Email me at: AngeliqueMidthunder@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

PULL UPS

Today's workout called for 20 consecutive pull ups.   {CrossFit pull ups means full extension ~arms all the way strait at the bottom~ and chin over the bar at the top.}   No problem. But not always the case... 

I used not to be able to do pull ups. Not one.. single.. pull.. up.. no.. way.. 
So if you think that you can't do pull ups, well, I am here to tell tell you that you can. My belief is that there is only one way to really train to do pull ups - it's by doing pull ups. I used resistance bands to develop the skill. I started with a heavy band that took 85/50 pounds off my body weight, then switched to a lighter band that took 35/50 pounds off, then switched between the light band and jumping pull ups until I learned kipping pull ups. I can do a few strict/dead hang pull ups now but I do kipping pull ups most of the time.



The photo above shows 2 people using the green heavier bands taking off 50-85 pounds of their body weight and 2 people using the purple bands taking off 35-50 pounds off f their body weight. 
This particular workout included 150 pull ups.


Today's WOD (Workout Of the Day) 9/22/10 
For time:
25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang squat cleans, 35 pound dumbells
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
3 Rope climb ascents

www.crossfit.com

****Pull up bands come in many different sizes, the lightest take 5/25 pounds off your body weight and the heaviest take 80/200 pounds of your weight off. If you are heavier and need more assistance, bands can be doubled up to multiply their weight assistance value.