ABOUT ME

My name is Angelique Midthunder and I am a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. I am also a CrossFit certified Mobility Instructor & Olympic Weightlifting Instructor. I am a personal trainer exclusively for people working in the film industry. I do personal training for small groups and individuals in the (505) area code (pretty much Santa Fe & Albuquerque areas). I can train you at the gym, home, hotel, production office.. I'll even come to set. For more info and rates Email me at: AngeliqueMidthunder@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Look good doing it"

The workout of the day was "Griff": Run 800 Meters, Run 400 Meters backwards and repeat... 
Wait -- Run 400 meters BACKWARDS?! Twice...?!
I live in a rural area and my neighbors were already outside bucking hay and working the horses.. I felt ridiculous. I said to my husband "We're going to look RIDICULOUS!" to which he replied "At least we'll look good doing it" and took off running.... He had a good point.
Above photo from another odd looking workout which included the "farmer carry" (balancing 2 bar bells) and hurrying around cones for several laps. Impressive and fun incorporation of balance, coordination, and micro-muscle usage when adding different/unusual movements to your workout (like the farmer carry or backwards running)