ABOUT ME

My name is Angelique Midthunder and I am a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. I am also a CrossFit certified Mobility Instructor & Olympic Weightlifting Instructor. I am a personal trainer exclusively for people working in the film industry. I do personal training for small groups and individuals in the (505) area code (pretty much Santa Fe & Albuquerque areas). I can train you at the gym, home, hotel, production office.. I'll even come to set. For more info and rates Email me at: AngeliqueMidthunder@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Never Get Bored

Today I did a WOD (Workout Of the Day) that consisted entirely of monostructural modalities (i.e., "aerobic / cardio"):
Run 1 mile
Row 2 kilometers
Run 1 mile

This was the mainsite (www.crossfit.com) WOD from 2 days ago... I fell behind on my schedule and wanted to catch up. In particular I made myself make-up that WOD because I hate to run.. if that makes sense (?!)


At the same time my husband who is a stickler for regimen and rarely falls behind on the mainsite schedule did today's prescribed WOD:
10 sets of 2 bench presses for a total of 20 heavy bench presses.


Simultaneously my step son (who is the furthest thing from a stickler for regimen) was making up the WOD that I did yesterday, which he missed:
50 weighted backsquats + 5 fifteen foot rope climbs
40 weighted backsquats + 4 fifteen foot rope climbs
30 weighted backsquats + 3 fifteen foot rope climbs
20 weighted backsquats + 2 fifteen foot rope climbs
10 weighted backsquats + 1 fifteen foot rope climbs
adding 10 - 20 pounds of weight to the barbell each round so that as the number of reps goes down, the weight on your back gets heavier

                                                                                                         [PHOTO: David just finishing his bench presses (20 x 215 lbs) and Cody on his 14th rope climb]

As I coached and cheered my stepson on to his own personal finish line I marveled at the constant variety that CrossFit offers, and how, after over a solid year of CrossFit WODs, I never get bored.